Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Monday, April 1, 2013

Interview with Elodie Parkes!!

Hello lovelies and Happy April Fool's Day!! For those who celebrate Easter, I hope you had a lovely day yesterday <3

Our very first interview of April is with the fantabulous Elodie Parkes!



Before I get to it, however, I'd like to remind everyone of a little change. With a few exceptions, all interviews will now be on Mondays and Thursdays to allow me a little more freedom to post my reviews and other fun stuff throughout the week. Yes, the Queen of Chaos is attempting to bring some order to her blog. Scary, I know :)

Now then, have you got your coffee or tea ready? Today I'm drinking peppermint hot chocolate. So yummy. Let's get started!



Thank you so much for joining me today, Elodie! When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I was about seventeen when I started writing and a few things published in teen magazines around then.


Oh wow, that's so awesome you were published in magazines then! What has been the most difficult part about being a writer?

Marketing without doubt. It’s very hard to reach the reader audience.


Definitely. Marketing has got to be the most important and most difficult aspect for many of us. Who are your favorite authors?

Ruth Rendell, Christine Feehan, are a couple of favorites but I read heaps and from all different genres.


Absolutely love Christine Feehan! What authors inspire you?

People and emotions inspire me to write. The complexity of life spurs me to write. I see emotions in people around me all the time, and often they remain unspoken. I think we don’t share ourselves enough, and are encouraged to hide our true selves. People and their situations inspire me. Meeting people and watching them battle with the love or lack of it in their lives.

Lots of my characters have some foundation from real people who have passed through my life. They are composites of those glimpses of people and my imagination.

I find the world harsh. There’s not enough love in it. Lots of people never find love. I write contemporary love stories with happy endings to spread a little lightness around. I always have graphic love scenes in the close to real life stories, because I like to show the reader how the characters feel about each other deep down. The way they make love always shows their hopes and feelings.

I hope that my books do give the reader a lift and a sense of love.


I think that's wonderful <3 Are you a plotter or a pantser with your writing?

A mixture of both.


That's really how my own style is going now. What type of books do you like to read?

I read lots of different genres and reference books too.


I have to admit, I've never been a big fan of reference books ;) What do you like to do in your free time?

I don’t have much free time but I read, watch movies, walk in the countryside.


A walk in the countryside sounds absolutely lovely, especially since I don't even have a countryside lol. Where is your favorite place to vacation?

I have no favorite place and usually my vacation time is taken up with catching things up or I just drive off into the countryside for a few days.


Aww well we must make sure you take a real vacation one day :) If you were stuck on a desert island and could have only three things, what would they be?

My laptop, a portable generator and a satellite link up to the WWW


That is very much what I was thinking lol! Once you have that, you have access to pretty much anything you need :) Why did you choose to write contemporary erotic romance?

I like to write about people and their emotions.


That is the best reason <3 What has been the most fun about working on your books?

The story just unfolding once I have my idea.


That really is an amazing feeling isn't it? What has been the hardest scene for you to write?

I can’t write violence.


I must admit, violence is definitely hard to write.  Do you have any favorite characters? 

I used to think it was August in ‘Millie Reinvented’ because he is so endearing and loving. Then I switched to Dominic in ‘The Horoscope Writer’ because he’s so sexy and yet vulnerable and constant in his love for Cassie. Recently I’m in love with Seth from my new novel soon to be published by Eternal Press. I love all my characters, every one of them. I can’t choose a favorite.


Love it! I think I'd have a hard time choosing my favorite too :)  How did you come up with the premise for The Last Time?

It just dropped into my head the way most of my story ideas do. Although a couple of years ago when I went over to Australia for a holiday, I met this film producer at an Arts festival. She was really nice and told me lots of stuff. She was filming a little indie movie at about the same time as Daniel Radcliff (Harry Potter) was filming The December Boys and invited me on set for the day just to see how unglamorous the whole thing is in real life and how there are all kinds of funny stuff happens :-) Naturally my book doesn't really feature her but she does make one appearance.


OMG that would be so cool to go onto a movie set! This is an interesting role reversal. Usually the man is assigned to protect the woman. What made you decide to do it this way?

The owner of the detective agency Brandt assigned Bethany because she would fit into Seth Carbery’s life better undercover. Also, it’s good to have a woman doing the ‘role reversal’. there are so many women police officers and detectives in the real world they need a spotlight now and then.


I think it was a brilliant move :) Tell us more about Bethany Snow and Seth Carbery.

Bethany Snow is a private detective and works for the Black Agency. Seth Carbery is a movie star. They are both about 24/25 years old. Both of them are looking or hoping for love in their lives and busy with their work.


Ooo definitely sounds intriguing! Tell us more about the Black Agency.

Brandt Black runs it and the detectives are sent on assignments not just in their own city but all over the country.


Very cool! Is this part of a series? If so, what can we expect with the other books?

I have thought about writing another book that features Jake another detective but it’s not a series and I may never write that book.


Aww but I could totally see this being an epicly awesome series *pout* What's next for you?

I’m writing another book. This time there is more of a paranormal slant to the contemporary romance.

I have a book being released in the summer of this year from Hot Ink Press, called The Winter Girl, that’s contemporary erotic romance with a little twist of magic.


I can't wait to see more from you! Anything else you want your readers to know?

I love to hear from readers and you can come by Facebook anytime to comment on the books. I do hope that my books spread a little lightness and love into readers ‘book’ lives.


Thank you again for joining me today, Elodie! 


The Last Time...Coming Soon!


Actor Seth Carbery swears he will never fall in love again, that is until he meets private detective Bethany Snow.

Something strange is going on. Seth and other members of the movie cast and crew are receiving threatening letters,

but no threat has ever been carried out... yet. Bethany Snow is sent on location by the Black Agency to investigate,

and guard Seth Carbery against danger.

The case is not what it first seems and even when Bethany thinks it could be over, a new twist means she becomes a target.

Seth and Bethany find they can’t keep their hands off each other.

Who is sending the letters and why? Does Seth have a secret admirer, or stalker?

With steamy romance, intense and graphic love scenes, and a quirky story of what people do for love, this erotic romance is for adults only.

Meet Elodie!

Elodie lives in Canterbury, United Kingdom. It's famous for the Cathedral, Chaucer, and there is a UNESCO world heritage site, which includes the ancient ruins of St Augustine's Abbey and St Martin's Church. There is also a ruined castle. It's a pretty place too and the coast nearby is great.
She works in an antiques shop and writes. Elodie has two dogs that keep her fit with their need for walks.
Elodie writes romance, contemporary and always erotic with a twist of mystery, paranormal, and suspense now and then. She likes to make the story unusual in some way, by a quirk in the tale
Connect with Elodie:



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lyndsay,
    It's been such fun to visit with you. Thank you for inviting me over :-)

    ReplyDelete