Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving! What I'm thankful for...

It's that time of year, a time to give thanks. There are so many things I'm thankful for in my life. I have an amazing husband, a good job, a wonderful little house to rent. This year has been full of ups and downs, more trials and tribulations that I ever thought I'd face. Here are some of the highlights...

My mini Schnauzer was diagnosed with two serious medical conditions, megaesophagus caused by Myasthenia Gravis and aspiration pneumonia, a life threatening illness that claims more dogs with megaesophagus than I care to think about. In the early days of her pneumonia, I went home over lunch to check on her and was in a minor car accident. For two months, my life revolved around a schedule of waking up at 4:30AM to give her the first dose of medicine, holding her upright for 5-10 minutes, going to bed for an hour, waking up to give her the next medicine, waiting 30 minutes, feeding her in her car seat (a chore that took anywhere from 20-45 minutes), then getting ready for work. Every morning. A similar routine was in the evenings, but at least then my husband could help. I battled the constant fear she would aspirate again.



I'm thankful that she has beaten the odds. She's free of her medications, her Myasthenia is in remission, she can eat like a normal dog most of the time (just a modified diet), and she's thriving.

My best friend was stationed in Afghanistan and even though I knew she would be on base the whole time, there's the constant fear that something would happen to her over there. She may not have been on the front lines, but there's always danger.

I'm thankful that in June, I got to welcome her back to the States and in less than a year, I'll be standing for her in her wedding.

My brother had a baby, lost his job, was kicked out by his wife, and hit rock bottom. He had to come home to our parents and rebuild his life under enormous strain, any of which a person would have a hard time coping with, much less all at once. I tried to help as much as I could financially and emotionally, but they live hours away.

I'm thankful that now my brother is divorced and regaining his self-esteem, he has a new job, new apartment, and he sounds happier than I've heard him in years.

My husband neared the end of medical school, one of the most stressful times for a student as they study for their boards and begin the process of applying to medical residencies. The boards are the most important test of a med student's life and literally determine your fate for the rest of your life. Screwing them up or not matching into a residency means you just wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars on a piece of paper you can't use.

I'm thankful that the end is in site, he passed his boards and has 13 interviews for residency positions, meaning the odds are in his favor for matching somewhere.

Last but not least, I began pursuing my dream of becoming a writer. I started this terrifying, exhilarating journey not really having a clue what the hell I was doing, but feeling compelled to give it a shot.

I'm thankful that I've met so many new friends who are so amazing. I published my first novella with some of the best friends I could ever ask for, and in a few weeks I will release my first solo book into the wild. The people I've met have changed my life and words cannot begin to describe how glad I am to have met you all.

So lovelies, what are you all thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment