Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Friday, February 22, 2013

Interview with Kristin McKittrick!!!

Hello my lovelies!! I'm so so happy to have my amazing friend Kristin McKittrick on The Lindsay Show!! Kristin will be releasing her debut paranormal romance very soon so keep an eye out!

Interview

Thank you so much for joining me, Kristin! I'm so happy to have you <3 When did you know you wanted to be a writer? 

I had a great teacher in high school named Lisa Humphrey's. The class was Science Fiction. She'd given us this assighnment to write an end of the world short story. (Back then I HATED writing anything.) I was having trouble coming up with a concept. So, she took me asside and asked me, what inspires you? I ended up coming up with a really good story about a world where all the adults died from some type of flu. I ended up getting an A on the story. So, in a way Mrs. Humphrey's helped me realize that I wanted to be a writer. I thank her so much for that.

It's wonderful you had such a supportive teacher. What has been the most difficult part about being a writer? 

Everytime I want to sit and write life seems to get in the way. When that happens I turn on my MP3 player and crank up the music. It helps me think clearly.

Oh man, I know exactly how that goes! Who are your favorite authors? 

Anne Rice, Karen Marie Monning, JR Ward, Nalini Singh, Cameo Renae, Milly Taiden, Airicka Phoenix, You of course Lindsay. And, Linsay Sands.

Aww thank you sweetie!! <3 What authors inspire you? 

Linsay Sands is a big inspiration. Her vampire romance books are stunning! I recommend them to anyone. You wont be dissapointend.

You know, I have never read her books but I will definitely give them a shot! Are you a plotter or a pantser with your writing? 

A plotter definately.

Haha I'm the exact opposite :) What type of books do you like to read? 

Paranormal romance, action and fantasy.

Love those genres. What do you like to do in your free time? 

I love to curl up in my soft blanket that my cousin Robby and his wife Adriane gave me and read or, watch a great movie from my massive DVD collection.

OMG that sounds soooooo relaxing. Where is your favorite place to vacation? 

Jump Off Joe Lake near Deer Park. My family used to go there and camp. Its gorgeous!

I have never heard of that but I freaking love the name lol. If you were stuck on a desert island and could have only three things, what would they be? 

Ian Sommerhalder, Chris Hemsworth and my pen and paper. A girl has to write when the hot men are busy, right? ;)

LMAO I love you Kristin and I love your answer <3 Why did you choose to write paranormal romance? 

Because, I love reading them and, I thought it would be fun to write one. I was right!

That's exactly why I decided to write paranormal romance. What has been the most fun about working on your books? 

The way that I can make my characters do whatever I want.

That has to be one of my favorite parts too. What has been the hardest scene for you to write? 

My fighting scenes! I literally suck at them. Luckily I have a great friend that helps me in that department. Thanks Rodney Lookebill!

LOL! I'm sure they're not that bad sweetie. Do you have any favorite characters? 

Michael because, he's kickass with those Katana's and he's a hot guy.

Well, now I'm dying to read more about Michael :D How did you come up with the premise for Kissing Darkness

This may sound funny but, the premise came to me in a dream. I woke up instantly and wrote down everything that happened in my dream.

Makes perfect sense to me! Tell us about the world of Kissing Darkness

Kissing Darkness is all about the fight between humanity and vampires. There is lots of action and sexy scenes between Michael and Kate. Milly Taiden would be proud of the sexyness! ;)

Ok I'm dying to read this now. I'll have to make room in my review queue sooner than later!! I must know more about your hero and heroine. From the snippets on your blog, Michael sounds so sexy! 

Michael first met Kate when she was seven. His sire Caroline kidnapped her and, he saved her. That all comes to light in the book. Michael is very sexy! He's 6'4, very well built, he has blue velvet eyes and a mouth that's very kissable.

When can we expect this awesome book to be released? And will Kissing Darkness be part of a series?

I'm hoping to have it finished by February 29th. I'm aiming twards March 10th for its release. It might be part of a series. I'm not too sure yet though.

SQUEEEEEEE!! So excited!! I’ve got to ask. Would you want to be a vampire? 

Yes I would. I could live forever and not have to worry about getting sick. The whole blood drinking thing I'm not too sure of though. LOL

Hahaha, love that logic and I have to agree :) What's next for you? 

My next book I'll be working on is a short story called Nightwalkers. Its about a virus that takes over the human body turning everyone into blood thirsty ravenous vampires.

Write faster, that sounds damn good!! Anything else you want your readers to know? 

Never give up on your dreams. You can be whatever you want to be. If people try and tare you down just remember that its okay to dream.


Thank you so very much for joining me today Kristin!! It has been a pleasure having you <3


Kissing Darkness...Coming Soon!!

He was a warrior sworn to protect his clan at all costs. Until he saw the woman from his past.
She never believed in vampires. They were creatures from books and movies. Or, so she thought...
A rouge vampire was killing college girls. Life as Kate knew it to be was about to change drastically. She had been thrown into a world that was full of violence and deciet. Her only savior would be at the hands of the one man she dared not love. When the streets of New York turn into a bloodbath Kate and Michael band together to save humanity. Will they come to terms with the fiery passion that burns deep within them? Or, will his clan tare them a-part forever?






Meet Kristin!


Kristin Marie is living with her grandparents in Spokane, WA and she is working on her first book called Kissing Darkness. She works at a daycare called Noah's Ark when she isn't writing.

Connect with Kristin:

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read Kissing Darkness! I love vampire stories & this sounds absolutely great! Thanks for the wonderful interview Lindsay!! :)

    ReplyDelete