Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Friday, September 13, 2013

Musings from my Phone, Part 3 - Chaos Demon

I'm the most accident prone person, ever. Seriously, I am. Put me in a room with nothing in it but soft, padded walls and I can guarantee you I'll find a way to fall over or some other way to injure myself. I don't mean to be, but I can be a bit impulsive and distracted. I'll be walking out of a room, lost in my own little world, when bam! Suddenly a door jamb has mysteriously appeared right where my shoulder is.

Being accident prone is annoying as hell. Besides the obvious downside of it hurting, you open yourself up to all sorts of teasing, well-meant of course :) Well, yesterday I hit a new low. I apparently can't even walk out of my house now.

Now, in my book Breaking the Nexus, I invented a chaos demon that liked to wreak havoc on unsuspecting people. I'm 99% sure my subconscious was drawing from personal experience. It's the only explanation. I'm not really a klutz, I'm just plagued by a chaos demon.

Anyway, back to the story. There I was minding my own business, leaving the house to go to my day job. I took one single, little step out of the front door and disaster struck. My left ankle turned under me. Not an uncommon occurance, really, so I wasn't worried. I not-so-smoothly tried to compensate and catch myself so I would have just stumbled a bit. Yeah, not so much.

My right ankle decided to join the party and twisted underneath me, twisting my whole damn leg in the process and down I went. To add insult to injury, I braced myself with my right arm and discovered hours later that my shoulder was unhappy with the impact.

I maintain, however, that it's not my fault. There had to have been a chaos demon lurking somewhere, right? I mean seriously, I can't be THAT accident prone that I can't even walk properly. So my dear lovelies, be sure to watch out for those tricky chaos demons. And walking. Walking is dangerous. Maybe I should just stay inside and write all day where it's safe. Unless, of course, I have to walk through a doorway. Those things come out of nowhere, you know. ;)

1 comment:

  1. lol i have always called them carpet monsters.. they grab your feet..ornery little buggers

    ReplyDelete