Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Week 17: The Next Big Thing

I was tagged by the fabulous Catherine Wolffe (www.shootercreek.wordpress.com) to do the Next Big Thing blog hop so let's get this party started! :)

What is the working title of your book?
My book is called Breaking the Nexus.


Where did the idea come from for the book?
I've always loved mythology and legends, and a part of me has always wanted to believe in magic. I got to thinking, what if the world we lived in coexisted with another world where all those myths and legends were reality? From there Breaking the Nexus just kind of happened. This also incorporates a murder mystery because romantic suspense happens to be one of my favorite genres.


What genre does your book fall under?
It is somewhat of a cross genre book, but the easiest way to describe it is paranormal romance.


Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Honestly I am horrible at knowing actors so I really don't know how to answer this. When I started writing Breaking the Nexus, I didn't really have particular people in mind.


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Myths and legends are reality and only a thin magical barrier separates the Mythrian Realm from the Human Realm; however, now that barrier is beginning to fall and when the realms will collide, will you be ready?


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I will be self-publishing.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
The first 50k words were written during November 2011 as a part of NaNoWriMo. Since then, I've been working to finish the rest in between the rest of my hectic life.


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
To be honest, I'm not sure I've read any books quite like Breaking the Nexus. I've read some that deal with portions of my books like having mythological creatures or incorporating a barrier separating worlds, but nothing I would really compare mine to. 


Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My sister inspired me to participate in NaNoWriMo, which got me started writing this book. Other than that, only my imagination.


What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
As I mentioned before, my book is a blend of genres. There's the love story between my main characters, Sha and Connor, the paranormal aspect of having different mythological and legendary creatures, a mystery aspect because Connor is a human homicide detective investigating a serial killer, and suspense aspects as the Nexus breaks down. There really is something for many diverse interests.


I want to thank Catherine for tagging me to do this! I'm so happy to be able to talk about Breaking the Nexus and I hope this has shed a little more light on my debut paranormal romance! Be sure to check out the following awesome writers next week as they talk about their current WIP!

Kathy Ree: http://krmorrison777.posterous.com/
Angela Boudreau: www.angelarosebooks.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment