Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Interview with K.C. Cavanaugh!!

Hello lovelies! It's time to meet a brand new, newly published author! Everyone say hi to the fantabulous K.C. Cavanaugh! Who's ready to learn more about K.C.?




Thank you so much for joining me today, K.C.! When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I’ve known I wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. I’ve always had notebooks lying around and I was always jotting things down as to stories that came to me. The ideas have never been hard to come up with, but finishing was something I always had trouble with. The Devil Knows is the second novel I completed, although the first isn’t published yet. I never really thought about doing it as anything more than a hobby until recently though, with the completion of The Devil Knows.


That's awesome :) I envy you people who've always jotted down your ideas lol. I didn't do that and have forgotten some fantastic ideas I used to have lol. What has been the most difficult part about being a writer?

Well, like I said, the inspiration has never been hard to come by, but as a master procrastinator, getting a book finished is the hardest part of the process! I HATE outlines, but then I get stuck because I have no idea the path should be taking. Now I have some help with the coaxing outlines out of me!

Then there is always the self-doubt. Wondering whether your words are going to have an impact on anyone is enough to drive an author to needing Xanax! But really, once you see a few people liking it, the validation kicks in. Luckily, with The Devil Knows, it’s not about the validation but the fact that it’s a tribute to a friend to let her know how important she is.



OMG I'm a major procrastinator too! Makes things such a pain in the ass lol. Who are your favorite authors?

I love Charlene Harris, Morgan Kelley, Stephenie Meyer, and Amanda Ashley!


Those are all wonderful authors! What authors inspire you?

The number one author I have to give props to is Morgan Kelley! She is a mad woman who can write a 500 page novel in about a week! She’s crazy, and I love her! She has given me the nudge I needed to pursue my writing as something more than just a dalliance. Thanks Kel!


She sounds great :) What type of books do you like to read?

I pretty much like everything! There are a few historical romances I like, but generally they aren’t my genre. I prefer mystery or thrillers, especially if they are paranormal. Vampires are my absolute favorite!


Who doesn't love vampires? ;) What do you like to do in your free time?

I love to read, write, watch tv – Lost, Buffy, The Walking Dead, Revenge, Grimm, etc.


Grimm is such a good show! Where is your favorite place to vacation?

I’ve only been there once, but I would have to say Sedona, Arizona. It was breathtakingly beautiful with the red rocks and dirt. I could see myself living there! I don’t really like the heat much, but it’s such a dry heat that you barely notice.


I have never been there, but I've heard it's a gorgeous place. If you were stuck on a desert island and could have only three things, what would they be?

My laptop, crunchy peanut butter smidgens, and my imagination.


No idea what peanut butter smidgens are but they sound yummy :D Why did you choose to write paranormal romance?

I’ve always loved reading paranormal books, especially paranormal romance. It was just something that was obvious to me. I do have a fantasy trilogy in the works, and a few non-paranormal genre projects in the works too though, so if paranormal romance isn’t your cup of tea, there may be something for you yet!


I adore paranormal romance so I can't wait to review your book! What has been the most fun about working on your books?

The most fun would have to be the creative freedom. I can pour all my feelings into a book, safely! Anything I feel I can’t, or shouldn’t, say out loud or feel would be too hard, can be expressed in writing. I used to write poems and that growing up as a way to express my sorrow and disappointments.

Now I’ve grown into short stories and novels to express my feelings. And really, the imagination is just a creative outlet to express things that may be buried (or even not so buried!).


That's one of my favorite parts too! What has been the hardest scene for you to write?

The endings. I never know if they are right, if there should be, if there should be less. The reader may be expecting something totally different and while a twist can be good, I don’t want to leave readers disappointed with the way things turn out.


Oh yes, that is a big challenge for me as well. Do you have any favorite characters? 

I do! It’s actually not even a character from this book, but from the first in my Eternal Series – Eternal Chance. It’s Sebastian Helms. Unfortunately, I can’t divulge at this point as to why he’s my favorite because the book isn’t out yet. But I’m sure once it is and you read it, you can deduce why. ;)

In this book, my favorite would have to be Jeremiah (there is a pattern!). I always seem to go for the “bad boys” in the books. :) They often have such a redemptive tale to tell in the books, and it’s great to see the transformation.


Well now I'm intrigued lol. Can't wait to read Eternal Chance! How did you come up with the premise for The Devil Knows?

It actually started out as a self-therapy. A family friend, whom I love dearly, was recently diagnosed with cancer. All of the pain and helplessness that I felt at hearing the news got poured into my writing. It’s not really something I ever anticipated to be published, mainly because I never thought I would actually finish it! Then I became determined to finish it for Cindy, so that I could give her a copy.

Once it was finished, I decided that maybe the inspiration that I felt to write should be shared. Now, a portion of the royalties from the book will be donated to cancer research, in the hopes that one day a cure for cancer will be found and no other family will have to go through this pain.


Wow, that is so wonderful for you to do! <3 Tell us about Megan and Jeremiah please.

Megan is a college student who has been best friends with Anya since birth. Their families have been friends for generations. One day, Megan finds out that Anya has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. She’s devastated and scours any resource she can find in order to try to find someone who can help Anya.

But the outlook is bleak. Things are not good for Anya, and she doesn’t have much time left. Megan’s mind takes a turn for the worse and starts to consider (but not seriously) the idea of making a deal with the devil! But she knows that it’s not a good idea, and despite this, her brain just won’t let the idea go.

During a trip to the hospital to see Anya, Megan meets Jeremiah Carson. Anya instantly notices the chemistry between them, and doesn’t let it go, despite Megan’s pleading.

As it turns out, Jeremiah is a demon (I won’t tell you what kind!) and works for the devil (well, really, she’s a goddess!). His job is to make deals where Maya gets the souls of mortals in exchange for giving them what they want.

But just as Anya suspected, there is a certain amount of chemistry between the two! Soon they find themselves at odds with their own feelings, and try to find a way to survive the mess that they live in.


K.C., you're killing me cause now I really really really want to read it lol. Can you explain more about the supernatural elements in this?

Well, Megan is overcome with grief over finding out that her best friend, Anya, has recently been diagnosed with cancer. She decides to try to make a deal with the devil – who really turns out to be a goddess. Jeremiah is the demon sent to make the deal with Megan.


See? Not helping lol. Love the concept behind this book! Please explain more about how cancer plays a role in the story.

This story was written because a family friend was diagnosed with cancer. She is one of the greatest woman I know and doesn’t deserve what happened to her at all. In order to give her the happy ending she deserves (or as much of a happy ending as you can have in a paranormal romance!), I wrote The Devil Knows, where the main character is left bereft and desperate once she finds out her best friend has been diagnosed with terminal cancer – and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.


It's so wonderful that you wrote this for your friend! Will this be part of a series? If so, what can we expect from future books.

It’s not a part of the series, per se, but there is a character who does appear in a series I’m working on!


Awesome! What's next for you?

I actually have several things in the works! There is a YA fantasy trilogy which I plan on the first being released within the next 3-4 months. Plus I’m re-working my first novel, Eternal Chance, which actually has a tie in to The Devil Knows.


That's so exciting! I can't wait to see more from you :) Anything else you want your readers to know?

I would love to hear from anyone who is interested in my projects, either interested in reading or interested because they read The Devil Knows! I can be reached on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cavanaugh.kc or on Twitter @cavanaugh_kc, plus my website www.cavanaughkc.com and by email Cavanaugh.kc@gmail.com!


Thank you so much for stopping by K.C.! It's been wonderful meeting you and I'm dying to review your book :) Lovelies, be sure to check out The Devil Knows and remember, K.C. is donating a portion of the profits to cancer research!!

The Devil Knows...Buy it Now!

Megan's fight for Anya begins with looking for medical remedies to her best friend's cancer. But soon, the hopelessness begins to sink in and Megan is left feeling desperate and unsure of how she is going to save her best friend.

The notion of selling her soul, which started out a joke, just won't leave her and lingers in her mind. But then enters one of Anya's doctors in the picture! He sure is a hunk! But he's hiding a dark secret that could hold the answrs that Megan is looking to find.

No one who they appear to be and it will leave the reader wondering who could possibly survive the mess that has been created. In the end, only the devil knows...
"Desperate measures never worked out for those who were desperate enough to resort to them."


Buy it Now:

Meet K.C.!

K.C. Cavanaugh was raised a small town in Northeastern Pennsylvania. From a young age she had the penchant for telling stories to whomever would listen. The positive feedback from her audiences inspired her to pursue her dream of becoming an author. With her breakout novel, The Devil Knows, K.C. delivers what her listeners have known for years—this young woman knows how to weave a tale. K.C. still lives in Pennsylvania where she spends her free time with her family and dog. She is currently working on a fantasy AND a paranormal trilogy (which has a loose tie in to The Devil Knows!).

Connect with K.C.:


1 comment: