Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Interview with Win Kelly Charles!!

Hello lovelies! It's time for another interview with a fantabulous author! Please join me in welcoming  Win Kelly Charles to The Lindsay Show! Win will be talking about her wonderful book, I, Win that talks about her struggles with Cerebral Palsy. Grab your coffee or tea and let's get started!




Thank you so much for joining me, Win! When did you know you wanted to be a writer? 

age 17

That's awesome :) What has been the most difficult part about being a writer? 

typing

I can't imagine how hard that would be for someone with cerebral palsy. I've known a few people with it and it can really make the smallest tasks many of us take for granted so difficult. Who are your favorite authors? 

jk rolling


She's a fantastic author, love her books :) What authors inspire you? 

jk rolling

She's one of my inspirations too! Are you a plotter or a pantser with your writing? 

i write on a whim 

Me too :) What type of books do you like to read? 

All of them especially non-fiction

I haven't read a lot of non-fiction but I've been trying to branch out What do you like to do in your free time? 

Snowboard

Ok that's awesome. I used to ski but have never tried snowboarding before. Where is your favorite place to vacation? 

The Bahamas or Florida

I've always wanted to visit the Bahamas! If you were stuck on a desert island and could have only three things, what would they be? 

My iPhone that easy

I don't think I could live without my phone either lol. Why did you choose to write an autobiography? 

I chose to write autobiography after dealing with a dramatic loss in my life which I mentioned in the book
I think it's wonderful that you wrote it, though I'm sorry for your loss. What has been the best part about writing your books? 

inspiring people of all walks of life

You certainly inspire me :) What has been the hardest scene for you to write? 

writing about myself in telling people things about myself that I don’t usually tell people

I think the fact that you are willing to put yourself out there is fantastic. You have cerebral palsy. Can you tell us more about this condition? 

Cerebral palsy usually affects people at birth its a brain injury due to lack of oxygen to the brain

I can't imagine what that must be like. How has having cerebral palsy affected your daily life? 

It affects my life every single day from dressing to walking

The fact that you love to snowboard shows that you don't let it stop you. How has your family’s support and encouragement helped you over the years? 

They show how to never give up from day one

It's so wonderful that you have that support network. What are your proudest achievements that you have accomplished despite your disability? 

Becoming a self published author with a disability

So few people are willing to take the step to publish the book and the fact that you've done it in spite of a disability that makes it physically difficult to write is amazing and definitely inspiring/ What message do you have with other people who may be struggling with a disability? 

Don’t ever give up on life no matter how hard your life maybe

I couldn't agree more. Do you plan to write other books, either non-fiction or fiction? 

Yes I am working as we speak on the novel called the view from my heels

I can't wait to read your books! Anything else you want your readers to know? 

Find all my links to buy my book and to follow me on my website authorwincharles.com


Thank you so much for stopping by, Win! Lovelies, be sure to check out this amazing book and even more amazing author!

I, Win...Buy it Now!

At age 24 I decided to tell my story. Writing this autobiography gave me the opportunity to pay tribute to my family members who are passionate about life and have instilled this passion in me. My parents' extraordinary support, encouragment, and pure love were my foundation as I navigated life, overcame obstacles, and achieved successes as a young woman with cerebral palsy. I have to pay full tribute to my mother, who died in August 2010. From her I learned to listen to my own voice as a guide to making life choices. She taught me to always expect the best from myself. My hope is that this book will provide insight into the extraordinary possibilities that those who live with disabilities have. I also hope that those without disabilities– rather than putting a focus on our differences – will come to understand what we all have in common. This book is for my mom, with love.

Meet Win!

I, Win Charles, was born in 1987 in Aspen, Colorado, where I still live. I am a self-taught artist who became interested in art as a way to cope with cerebral palsy. The medium I use most often is digital art. Besides life in general, I am artistically inspired by roses and orchids, and the flora and fauna of the Bahamas. The Bahaman people are also wonderful inspirations for me. I truly admire them.
Connect with Win:

No comments:

Post a Comment