Author Doug Dillon Promotional Guest Post
Prizes: Beautiful Chinese Puzzle Balls
To promote Sliding Beneath the Surface
Sliding Beneath the Surface
Book I of The St. Augustine Trilogy
Young adult, paranormal and historical
What’s Going on Here?Very simple. I’m giving away two, handcrafted Chinese puzzle balls in a contest. These exquisite oriental art pieces are up for grabs to readers who will purchase my book and publish their review on Amazon.com.
Why Chinese puzzle balls?Ah, that’s because the puzzle ball is the forefront object on my book cover. In the book, and throughout The St. Augustine Trilogy, it serves as a symbolic reference to the paranormal world and the very nature of reality. “Worlds-within-worlds.”
What are puzzle balls?Sometimes called mystery balls, they are handcrafted objects often made of wood, jade, mammoth ivory or Mandarin Ivory. Mandarin ivory is a blend of natural materials and (is) the material used for the balls in my contest.
An ancient art form, these objects have intricate carvings on the outside and multiple, moveable layers on the inside—balls within balls. Those inner shells usually number between 2 and 18 but can go as high as 42. As with the ones available in my contest, the outside carving often consists of intertwined, painted dragons.
About the Contest
Options, options, options! Here’s the (basic) deal:
1) Buying an eBook on Amazon.com or through Book Depository and writing a review on Amazon.com gives you a chance to win a 6-layer puzzle ball with teak display stand sent to you by me in a classy wooden Chinese box—a market value of $60. The posting on Amazon.com (U.S.) or on Book Depository is required to be eligible but posting elsewhere also would be greatly appreciated.
2) Buying a print book and writing a review on Amazon.com gives you one chance to win a 12-layer puzzle ball with a teak display stand, also in its own box. Yes, that’s double the size of the first one—a market value of $160.
3) BONUS – you can also enter both of the contests listed above by purchasing both an eBook and a Paperback copy of my book, given your one Amazon.com published review would account for both mandatory review entries. Who knows you may get lucky and win both contests, allowing you to give one to a friend.
4) AND - you may enter each contest daily if you would like to increase your chances of winning. Each purchase gets you another chance and your one (1) published review will account for all purchases made throughout the contest.
5) IF by some chance you have already published your review of my book on Amazon.com, you can still participate but to be eligible you must purchase a book for each new entry with a unique order number to confirm your purchase.
6) End Goal of the Contest: 150 reviews on Amazon.com
7) Projected contest dates are December 12 through February 6. All reviews must be posted on Amazon.com by the end date.
8) Participants must live in one of these countires to be eligible: US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Philippines, Germany, France, Netherlands, South Africa, Poland, Israel, Spain, Italy.
9) Entering the contest – enter here!
10) Any questions? Contact my wonderful assistant, Julia Hendrix via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Know More About Puzzle Balls?
Check out this article
Want to View a Puzzle Ball in More Depth?
Click here for a video.
Puzzle Ball in More Depth
Want to see a Puzzle Ball Being Made?
Click here and then click here for videos.
Puzzle Ball Being Made
Puzzle Ball Being Made 2